This is seen as ‘Miroland’, the abandoned theme park previously run by lawyer Kim Na-hui’s late father, and where she lives — and where she also holds the young Gil Hyun-soo captive, as seen in episodes 7-8 of Tell Me What You Saw (본대로 말하라) (OCN, 2020).
In a flashback in episode 8 (full episode 4) of Perfume/Peopyoom (퍼퓸) (KBS2, 2019), Min Ye-rin (Go Won-hee) has a flashback of herself as Min Jae-hee with a young Jin-kyung (Jin-kyung) at this amusement park, when she falls from the carousel for being too heavy.
Eulji Hae-yi (Kim Hee-seon) dreams in episode 1 of Room No. 9/Room 9 (나인룸) (tvN, 2018) that she finds her boyfriend Ki Yoo-jin (Kim Young-Kwang) dead in his car that parks in front of the merry go around in this amusement park on Christmas eve (albeit that she mentions Namsan Tower as the place of their date before).
This abandoned amusement park is seen in the opening credits of Angel Eyes (엔젤아이즈) (SBS, 2014), where we see Yoon Soo-wan (Goo Hye-sun) riding the merry go around and Dylan Park/Park Dong-joo (Lee Sang-yoon).
Jung Shi-hyun (Jung Kyoung-Ho) comes here for a breather in episode 1 of Heartless City/Cruel City (무정도시) (JTBC, 2013) after a run in with Scale (Kim Byung-ok).
MVs filmed here
– Juniel (주니엘) and CNBLUE’s Lee Jong-hyun (이종현): ‘Love Falls’ [사랑이 내려] (2016)
– Voisper (보이스퍼): ‘In Your Voice’ [그대 목소리로 말해줘] (2016)
– To-day (오늘): ‘Secret’ [비밀이에요] (2016)
– Eric Nam (에릭남) and Red Velvet’s Wendy (웬디): ‘Spring Love’ [봄인가 봐] (2016)
– Beast (비스트): ‘Ribbon’ [리본] (2016)
– N White (앤화이트): ‘Paradise’ [천국] (2015)
– Twice (트와이스): ‘Like Ooh Aah’ [OOH-AHH하게] (2015)
– B.A.P: ‘1004’ (2014)
– EXO’s Xiumin (시우민): ‘A Glass of Soju’ [소주 한 잔] (2014)
– Baek Ji-young (백지영): ‘Hate ‘[싫다] (2013)
– Crayon Pop (크레용팝): ‘Bar Bar Bar’ [빠빠빠] (2013)
Yongma Land [용마랜드] is an abandoned amusement park that closed doors in 2011 because of low attendance. But it is still open to anyone for 5,000 won per day — this is how the park can be maintained at its status quo. It is located in Seoul’s neighborhood of Mangu [Mangu-dong/망우동], in the Jungnang District [Jungnang-gu/중랑구].
118 Mangu-ro 70-gil, Mangu-dong, Jungnang-gu, Seoul, South Korea
서울 중랑구 망우로70길 118
(망우동 산 69-1)
Geolocation: 37.594468, 127.105556
Mangu Station [망우역], Jungang Line/Gyeongchun Line, Exit 1
— submitted by Chelle
— added by Marion KDL
— Perfume, Tell Me What You Saw added by Mich KDL