This pavilion appears as part of the fairy realm in Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter/Gyeryong Fairy Tale/Tale of Fairy (계룡선녀전) (tvN, 2018). For example, Mountain God/Wizard Park (Kim Min-kyu) is caught serenading a fairy behind another fairy’s back, and the Master of the Northern Star thus banishes him to the human realm.
Hamhwaru/Hamhwalu [함화루/咸化樓] was established in the year 1380, during the Joseon Period in Hamyang, originally as the South Gate of Hamyang Eupseong Castle (함양읍성/咸陽邑城), then known as Namakru (남악루/南嶽樓). It was rebuilt after the Japanese invasion of Korea and renamed Hamhwaru in 1932. It now houses the Hamyang Archives Preservation Society (함양고적보존회).
The pavilion, designated as Tangible Cultural Property no. 258 in 1986, is located in the Hamyang Township [Hamyang-eup/함양읍] in Hamyang County [Hamyang-gun/함양군], Gyeongsangnam-do.
349-1 Unrim-ri, Hamyang-eup, Hamyang, Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea
경상남도 함양군 함양읍 운림리 349-1
Geolocation: 35.524592, 127.718836
— submitted by Mich KDL; last updated 15/07/2022